The two pillars of Brenderup Group were established back in 1934 and 1936. The first by the Fransson brothers, in the small village of Fågelsta in Östergötland in Sweden; the second by Ove Justesen who, that year of 1936, set up Brenderup Maskinfabrik in the village of the same name on the island of Funen (Fyn) in Denmark.
Ove Justesen started his business by repairing and subsequently manufacturing farm machinery whereas the Fransson brothers, right from the beginning, produced wagons and carts. Brenderup’s servicing and production of farm machinery remained in Denmark right up to 1973 when the last remaining parts of the business were outsourced for production under licence overseas. The production of private car trailers started in 1952 and expanded rapidly. In the 1980’s the major step was taken in the direction of an international expansion in Sweden, Norway and Germany.
Meanwhile, the business of the Fransson brothers was always focused primarily on the Swedish market.
In 1991 Brenderup was acquired by the company Eldon; it thereby came to be part of the same corporate group as its previous competitor Fogelsta. Through this transaction, production could be streamlined and synergies achieved. Eldon expanded its trailer operations to include more brands such as Gisebo, Star Trailer and Kyllingekärran. Parts of Eldon then came to be transferred to the Thule Group.
As part of the efforts of the Thule Group to concentrate on a clearer sports and leisure profile, its trailer operations were sold in 2014 to Accent Equity 2012. This group then acquired the name of Brenderup Group with head office in Malmö.
To further strenghten all trailer use needs, in 2014 Brenderup Group aquired the Swedish trailer company Westbay Trailers in Västervik. In 2016 Europe´s second largest load carrier manufacturer Mont Blanc Group became a part of the Brenderup Group.